Powered By Blogger

Friday 4 November 2022

Felicity Ball mosaics - new Scottish landscape mosaics on the horizon!

 Hello blogger friends,

I am very excited to share with you the slightly new direction I am going with my original mosaic art.

Since I started making mosaics 15 years ago as a way to work from home when our children were young, I have been fortunate enough to be a busy artist - making all sorts of commissions for clients over the years, with a limited amount of time to pursue my own mosaic projects.  I have enjoyed making all the different pieces, but I would say, honestly, that larger statement mosaics, with room to be freer, are what give me the most creative buzz - see some examples below.




I now find myself at home with more time to work and have taken the decision to concentrate on larger mosaics for a while - made for inside or out and inspired by our recent walking trip around the Highlands of Scotland.  The scenery was simply stunning, with view after view that I could imagine as a mosaic. 







Along the way, I took many pictures (some are above), and on our return, narrowed it down to 8 or 10, which I will have printed out, and when, I have finished my current commission, will start to recreate in my own impressionistic mosaic style.

For me, it is a thrilling prospect, and one I am very much looking forward to. I will sahre them with you along the way, and I would appreciate you sharing them with friends or colleagues who you think might also be interested.

Keep a look out for my next post!

Many thanks,

Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment