Powered By Blogger

Friday 2 November 2012

Mosaic spring colour

It's a bit grim outside here in Bristol today  - squally, cold, wet, muddy and dark at 4pm!  So, I thought I would share a bit of spring colour!

As you can see, I love sunflowers!  Always uplifting and cheering, and surprisingly easy to grow!


When I'm in tile shops - of all shapes and sizes - I am always on the look out for different shades and textures of tile - so that my mosaics really come to life with a 3D effect - hard to see in photos but lovely to feel and see in real life!

I have been particularly lucky with yellows. oranges, reds, golds etc for my ever growing collection of sunflower mosaics - different sizes to accommodate all tastes and budgets.

Nothing like a bit of spring colour all year round!

Felicity


My sunbowl was inspired by a trip to Barcelona, and witnessing the eccentricity of Gaudi first hand.
This sunflower, I guess, is my best seller - I never tire from making it, as each one is different, using all the tiles I've collected in a unique way.


This garden mosaic was commissioned by a keen gardener for her 50th birthday - "Flowers all year round", she says!












4 comments:

  1. It's my first look of garden mosaic. I'm never seen it before. Though Garden has enhanced the beauty of nature, this spring tile will enhance some extra I think.


    Glass Mosaic Tiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Mahmudul - we could all do with a bit of spring colour at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some really beautiful stuff here!! I found you on Craft Blog Uk. I've started following you via GFC, hope you can do the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Helen! Lots more in the pipeline!

    ReplyDelete