Powered By Blogger

Monday 6 January 2020

Happy new year, blogger friends!

These Kandinsky inspired mosaics are particularly versatile, as I can make any size or colour combo, for any spac.

Every year over Christmas, like most people, I take a break from my work of snipping and making mosaics, and I always wonder whether this will be the year that I don't miss it.  But as I wave my two sons off to uni, and my daughter starts the school term again, I find myself itching to get back in the studio and to start creating again!  This always comes as a relief as what I do really has to be something I WANT to do.  The odd mosaic I have made when my heart isn't in it, still remain in a box under my studio table!


A selection of my flower mosaics 


The lovely thing about the media of mosaics, is that I never know what I will be asked to make next, as it is so versatile - from floors to wall art to signs to furniture to doorsteps, for inside and out - there is never a dull moment, and I feel very grateful for that.  I like to think I can turn my hand to most things now, and I really enjoy being presented with a challenge.  Over the years I have collected all sorts of tiles - colours, textures, depths - and I really enjoy trying to use them in as many inventive ways as I can.  My snipping skills have improved over the years (with a lot of practice), and I can now create most shapes I want to, to create a specific effect or atmosphere.


My original mosaics can come in all shapes and sizes and can be used for all sorts of things!


The colour of the grout I use also makes a big difference to the overall look of the final mosaic - different shades bring out different colours.  I always do a test piece first before grouting the whole piece just to be on the safe side - it is almost impossible to ungrout a mosaic!


See how different coloured grouts bring out different coloured tiles!


So with all these options and possibilities, I look forward to the variety of mosaics I hope to create in 2020, and hopefully provide some joy with their originality and vibrancy.  I will share them with you as the year progresses, so do keep a look out for my posts.  Maybe one day, a mosaic I create for you will feature here ... www.felicityballmosaics.com


A collection of mosaic bistro table designs - practical and a work of art!



Many thanks for reading, and do get in touch if there is a mosaic you would like me to make for you.
felicityball@justmosaics.co.uk

Felicity x


No comments:

Post a Comment