Powered By Blogger

Friday 1 January 2016

The making of a sea-themed mosaic floor - part 3

Happy New Year, blogger friends!

My mosaic floor panels are coming on nicely - the first is practically finished!  I have enjoyed making it so much - you have probably gathered that - and now that I embark on the the second panel, I don't want it to end!  There is a deadline for this project though... so onwards and upwards!

In my last post, we had lobster pots, scallops, squid and lobsters.  Next, I had a John Dory to mosaic. Now I have made a John Dory before, so I had a good starting point - see below.



As I am using the porcelain tiles, I didn't quite have this range of colours available to me, but enjoyed using this slightly limited palette to make him - really pleased with the result below.



I needed to continue the background of the sea and the weeds now.  I have eight shades of blues to use, gradating from dark to light - approximately four for each panel.  I want to mosaic them in waves of colour so they do not distract the eye from the main events.



Then moving up the panel ..



I am starting to get excited now as it is all taking shape.

Many thanks for reading, and any sharing of my work you can do, is always greatly appreciated.
Until part 4 ...

Felicity x

No comments:

Post a Comment