Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 25 November 2014

A visit to the British Ceramic Tiles factory shop - mosaic heaven!

Hello blogger friends!

On our way down to Cornwall last week on a research trip for some commissions, we stopped off at one of my favourite places in the world, the British Ceramic Tiles factory shop - yes, heaven for me!


It is where I buy a lot of my tiles for my mosaics.  We went in the wrong entrance at first, and gave ourselves a shock to find this ...

and this ...

instead of the factory shop - but all was well as we realised our mistake, and it was great to see the raw materials of tiles, and where they start from!  One day, I will pluck up the courage to ask to have a look around.

The shop itself was full of all sorts of goodies for the mosaic artist!  First of all, boxes of my staple coloured tiles - 

... then all sorts of interesting tiles which I always find a use for to really bring my mosaics to life -



...and then these gorgeous coloured glass tiles which are too thick for me to cut, but look at those colours!!

Oh yes! - as you can see from my trolley (1 of 2!), I had a lovely time and am stocked up for the next few busy months - but am always on the tile look out!


The car was a lot heavier driving away, I can tell you - until the next time BCT....!

Sums me up!

Happy mosaicing days!
Felicity x

1 comment:

  1. There are definitely a lot of great finds at that tile store, and some could be what you needed for mosaics. How are your projects doing nowadays? Do you still go to the British Ceramic Tiles factory shop for your tiles? Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us. Have a great day!


    Debra Newman @ Unique Stone Concepts

    ReplyDelete