Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 May 2020

Wave mosaic made from a broken plate

Hello blogger friends,

I hope you are all keeping well.
Following on from the mosaic paving stones, my next commission was an unusual one.

A client sent me a favourite plate, that, as can happen, was broken.  She wondered if I could make it into a mosaic, so all would not be lost.



As you can see, the colours and pattern of the plate pieces were lovely and were perfectly suited to a wave mosaic.  So I salvaged all that I could and trimmed them into shapes I could use.


When I had stuck on them the board using their natural wave shapes, I filled the spaces in with complementary coloured tiles and shapes.



The grouting was tricky as there were so many different thickness of the original plate pieces.  However this variety really added to the movement and atmosphere of the mosaic, so my cut fingers were definitely worth it! See below how well the grey grout brings it all together.


We then recommended that the mosaic would look even better if it was framed on a plain white board, and ... voila!



I am so glad to say my client was really pleased with the finished piece, as you can see in the review she kindly wrote for me here - https://www.yell.com/biz/felicity-ball-mosaics-bristol-8556217/

Thanks for reading, and if you have a moment, please take look around my lovely new website - www.felicityballmosaics.com

Felicity x

2 comments:

  1. I just could not leave your site before suggesting that I really loved the standard information an individual supply for your guests? Is going to be back regularly to inspect new posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visit day-to-day a few web sites and sites to read content, however this website gives feature based writing.

    ReplyDelete