Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Buying art on Facebook

Sharing and selling my art on Facebook has been great. Fellow artists and fb friends have been very generous with their likes, comments and shares.  It has made a big difference to my small mosaic business, and I am very grateful - long may it continue!

I saw the 'buying on Facebook' process from the other side last week - I bought a piece for myself - a textile picture called Coastal Bliss from Sharon Port Originals! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sharon-PORT-Originals
I spotted it first on my newsfeed and just kept coming back to it.  Sharon kindly responded to my comment and took a close up photo of it, and I started seriously to consider the possibility of buying it, which was very exciting!
Coastal Bliss

I hummed and harred, as you do, then thought 'yes!' - took the plunge, wrote the email, paid the money and received my lovely picture two days later!
The package came - carefully wrapped - would I like it as much in real life? - would it have been worth the risk? - real opening-parcel-angst!

All was well - I love it!

It uplifts me everyday and was worth every penny and any small doubt I might have naturally had! It is now up in my studio where I can see it from my worktable, and here, now, when at the computer!  It's wonderful to look at, to touch, and I keep noticing more detail - perfect!

So, I guess, this might be some of what my customers go through when they are considering buying one of my mosaics, and now I can empathise - really!
My hope is that my work is much better in real life - it has often been said to me that photos don't do it justice- only you can be the judge of that!


Art is such an individual thing - and when you see something that really catches your eye, it might be worth giving serious consideration to investing in it, if you can.

One thing is for sure, it will enhance - as Coastal Bliss does for me!

Felicity x

No comments:

Post a Comment